Thursday, May 21, 2009

"living" gifts...

I love and really prefer giving "living" gifts so very much, do you? There is something so beautiful about giving someone (and receiving) something that is alive and can't be wrapped up or stuffed in a gift bag. Here are some Mother's Day herbs we gave to my lovely mother-in-law a couple Sundays ago.
Speaking of living gifts, I'll just take this opportunity to post this sickeningly adorable picture of Belle and Sebastian- the living gifts I received from Nick as a wedding present three years ago. It makes me laugh every time I see it.
[Picture+4.png]

3 comments:

Jenny Clark said...

LOVE living gifts and totally agree. They are so cost effective also. Mint grows really well out here (I bet in AZ it would too) and you can pull a few sprigs with roots and re-pot easily. And for some reason people love getting mint!!!

SpillingHeart said...

What a wonderful post! I whole-heartedly agree..."living" gifts are the way to go. And the piture of the kittens are absolutely adorable!! It makes me want to go out and buy a couple myself

mom dunlap said...

And your Mother-in-law loved getting that wonderful living gift, and it is doing so beautiful in my yard! Your tag, that made the gift even more special, is safely in the house...
Love you,
mom d.